It’s a simple fix that can usher in a tidal wave of benefits, but that’s partly why it goes unnoticed. It’s a little too easy, and that makes it hard to dress up. And here’s how it goes.
1. Use your mouth just for talking, eating, drinking, and otherwise keep it shut.
2. Now take on the function of breathing with your nose instead.
By making sure you’re sticking to nasal breathing, you’re conforming to nature and using the appendage that’s designed to filter the air coming in. It’s the body’s first defense against harmful particles attempting an invasion.
The mouth is there for digesting, using it to breath only results in poorer absorption of oxygen and puts your immune system at a greater risk. So making the switch might be inexpensive, but it carries a lot of weight.
And how do you become a better nose breather? Try this the next time you head for a stroll.
The Breath Hold
1. Inhale and exhale through your nose, then pinch your nose and hold your breath.
2. Walk as many steps as you can, building up a medium to strong air shortage.
3. Resume nose breathing, and calm yourself as fast as possible. (If you’re not able to recover within 2 to 3 breaths, you’ve held your breath for too long.)
4. Wait 1 to 2 minutes, then do another breath hold.
5. Repeat for 6 breath holds.
To see the rest of my fit fixes, head to my blog. I have more than a hundred articles that can all help you get stronger, smarter, and stress free. Thanks for reading.