Keto Avocado Walnut Ice Cream
This avocado walnut fusion is one of my favourites, because it’s got a surprising amount of texture. There are a few carbs in there, but it’s not worth worrying about. If ketosis gets disturbed at all, you’ll be back on the fat fueled ride soon enough.Servings - 2Calories Per Serving - 296Protein - 17Fat - 22Carbs - 13
- 30 grams Vanilla Protein Powder Any protein powder type
- 100 grams Greek Style Yogurt
- 10 grams Dark Chocolate Chips
- 20 grams Chopped Walnuts
- 15 grams Erythritol Alternatively use Stevia drops
- 1 tray Ice Cubes
- 100 grams Frozen Avocado
- 1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
- Blend or use an ice cream maker until you have a smooth consistency. Add a few drops of almond milk if things aren’t moving, but do this at your peril. It’s a fine line between ice cream and slush!
- Feel free to store it in the freezer to firm it up a bit.
For more fat and energy, add 10g of MCT oil into the mix.
Making makeshift ice cream concoctions have been a saving grace for the tougher days of dieting. I can hold my hand up and admit that even keto doesn’t always make for a cakewalk. And that’s understandable when you’re using it for weight loss.
What you’re attempting during a diet is to force the body of its homeostatic perch and put it through a sustained period of slow starvation. Especially when taking things down to single digit body fat levels, there’s going to be some kickback. This is where my ice cream recipes rescue me from the dreaded brain bonk. If you haven’t heard this term before, I haven’t either, this is where you experience an emptiness from having all the fight sapped out.
I’ve got an ever-growing pile of awesome keto fueled recipes at my blog. You can reach it by heading through the link on my profile, and selecting the blog tab from the home page. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
More Keto Recipes For You To Try
All Access Membership for £9.99
Band Workouts, Keto Cookbooks, Custom Meal Plans, Bulletproof Habits....And It Doesn't Stop There.
Carnivore Diet Coach And Personal Trainer