A diet of steak alone never gets tiring, but there is a chance that you’re missing out on a few micronutrients. That’s where liver comes in, and it’s out on its own as the most nutritious food source on the planet.
It’s more of a fact than an opinion. To consider a food highly nutritious, it needs to cater to each of the following.
1. Nutrient variety – Provides a great number of different micronutrients
2. Nutrient density – Provides a great amount of each micronutrient
3. Absorption – The body can use the nutrients without any hitches
What Makes Liver So Good?
Unfortunately, there’s a catch. As ever, nature’s trying to hide the goods. Liver’s something of an acquired taste, which can be too overpowering for people to consider bringing it into the daily routine. So I’ve come up with a recipe that can sidestep the problem, by masking the taste with a generous helping of ground beef!
Carnivore Liver Burger Patties
- Frying Pan
- 300 g Beef Liver You can also use lamb liver
- 1000 g 10% Beef Mince
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Redmond Real Salt Optionally you can add garlic and onion powder for more flavour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Put the lamb liver in a blender or food processor, and mix until smooth
- Add the blended liver to a large bowl, and stir together with mince and the egg. Then stir in any seasoning. Shape the mixture into patties.
- Add the butter to the frying pan, and fry the patties for 5 minutes on each side.
Hey, I’m Sama, a natural bodybuilder who’s bought into the perks of keto and intermittent fasting. Why? When combined, the boosting effect on mental energy is unrivaled on any other diet. And the fat loss isn’t bad either.
I’ve got a ton of recipes, guides and insights covering both diets, and you can stay in the loop by subscribing to my newsletter.