It might be tempting to just settle for eating ribeye all day, every day, but that could see you running into some issues. Muscle meat still lacks in several micronutrients. And don’t let the name fool you, these nutrients are just as critical for the body as proteins and fats.
Fortunately we have an easy option that literally solves all of our problems. Beef liver. It is an honest-to-goodness multivitamin, storing every essential vitamin and mineral. It’s cheap, it’s incredibly healthy, and makes sure you don’t suffer any nutrient deficiencies from following a restricted diet like carnivore. It even has an anti-fatigue effect, making it an ideal midday snack to blot out the post-lunch blues. But there is a problem.
Beef Liver Can Taste Quite Strong
Some people detest the taste of liver, and it does have a metallic tang to it. It may just be that too many of them were force-fed it by their nans, and they’ve developed an intense disliking to this superfood. But there’s just too much to gain in eating liver, and there are ways to mask the taste and turn into a snack that’s tolerable, or downright delicious.
Carnivore Beef Liver Pâté
- Frying Pan
- Food Processor / Blender
- 250 g Beef Liver Alternatively you can use lamb
- 50 g Grass-Fed Butter
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- Put the liver in a bowl, and submerge it in salted water or brine. Leave it in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Take out the liver and pat it dry. Melt the butter in a frying over medium heat and add the liver, browning it on both sides in five minutes.
- Throw the liver and butter in a food processor or blender, add the thyme, and mix until you get a smooth texture. Then add the heavy cream and mix again.
- Scoop the mixture into two ramekins, wrapping the tops in foil. Leave in the fridge for two hours before serving.
Hey, I’m Sama, a natural bodybuilder who’s bought into the perks of keto and intermittent fasting. Why? When combined, the boosting effect on mental energy is unrivaled on any other diet. And the fat loss isn’t bad either.
I’ve got a ton of recipes, guides and insights covering both diets, and you can stay in the loop by subscribing to my newsletter below.
More High Protein, Carnivore Recipes
Carnivore Diet Coach And Personal Trainer